NACUFS: The National Association of College & University Food Services

« next

Patricia
Posted by Mrs. Patricia Lee K. on Aug 9th, 2017 3:14pm

Dear members,

It was wonderful to see you all at the NACUFS® 2017 National Conference! Here we are already in August! I’ve had the honor of being your president for just four weeks now, and I am feeling the positive momentum set by the presidents before me. We have come a long way in just a few short years of setting our 2020 strategic plan. I want to take this time to update you on a few major initiatives. Please read all the way through for important updates as well as information on the Customer Satisfaction Benchmarking Survey (deadline to participate is September 18).

Last week, our regional directors and directors-elect met at our new home in East Lansing, MI. This was our first volunteer meeting in the new space, and we were all very pleased with the accommodations. With NACUFS continuing its transition from a managing board of directors to a governing board of trustees, the regional directors discussed how they see themselves as conduits, connectors, and change agents to engage the membership and facilitate communication. Their role is instrumental in maintaining alignment with our strategic plan. I’m thrilled with this group’s excitement for what’s ahead—and for what’s possible.

As a follow-up on developing our comprehensive education strategy, the education committee will be meeting in September and the strategy is slated for board approval in October. After the board approves, we will share the results of our learning survey in upcoming blogs and other communication vehicles. NACUFS strives to provide you and your team with best possible professional development opportunities to help your programs succeed!

As we continue to work on member value and telling your stories of success, I also want to remind you of a very important deadline. All voting delegates will be receiving a mailer in the coming week encouraging you to take advantage of the Customer Satisfaction Benchmarking Survey. This survey provides a customized report giving you the data to tell your story of value on your campus. If you haven’t participated in the past, I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this unique member benefit.

This year, we added three new student questions: 1.) How important was the perceived campus dining experience in terms of your decision to attend this institution? 2.) How important is the actual campus dining experience in terms of your decision to remain at this institution? and 3.) How important is the campus dining experience (i.e. wi-fi, social interaction, comfort, etc.) in terms of your academic success at this institution? You’ll also want to note that we updated the survey’s mobile app to provide a better user experience. You won’t want to miss out on this incredible opportunity to gather data to support your programs, innovations, and your own campus mission. THE DEADLINE TO PARTICIPATE IS SEPTEMBER 18.

To register or learn more, visit: www.NACUFS.org/customersatisfaction.

Together, NACUFS members are focused on the mission to support and promote excellence in collegiate dining. Help us help you to tell your stories of success to your students, your administration, and the public. NACUFS is the Voice, the Source, and the Placeoffering you the most incredible opportunities and connections to elevate your purpose and define the highest level of excellence in the foodservice industry.

Wishing you all the best as you prepare to welcome your students for another successful and exciting year!

Posted in General Link to this Post
If you would like to add a comment, please Sign-In.

version 2.34.2 :: gl-003-app.golightly.com
Desktop View